Do you agree or not? Tooth decay is one of the most common problems children are facing these days. If you see tooth decay symptoms in your child at a young age, consult a dentist. If milk teeth fall at the correct time the adult tooth is possible to come, it is a natural process. It is one of the chronic infectious diseases of childhood, so do not neglect it if you see such a problem in your child. Today in this blog, we will teach you to understand tooth decay in children as a parent knows the tips & tricks to protect their child from this disease.
It is required to start healthy dental habits at an early age to prevent tooth decay. Here you learn about tooth decay, causes of cavity, signs and symptoms, and how to protect from cavities.
What is tooth decay?
Tooth decay is the breakdown of tooth enamel. It can lead to holes in the teeth called cavities. Due to bacteria in the mouth tooth decay, is generated. They make a sticky substance called plaque that can eat away at a tooth’s enamel. In case if your child has poor oral hygiene that can lead to tooth decay. It should be induced healthy oral hygiene to children to avoid tooth decay in the early stages.
What Causes Cavities and Tooth Decay?
A caretaker or parent needs to understand the importance of the causes of tooth decay.
- When food gets trapped between teeth and not completely removed with a brush tooth decay can start.
- Other causes of tooth decay are sugar, chocolates, and beverages. The more your child consumes sugar, become more acid, which can lead to decay.
- When sugar combines with plaque it weakens the enamel leaving your tooth to decay. Whenever you eat a sugary snack, your teeth are vulnerable to damage from the acids.
Signs and Symptoms of Tooth Decay and Cavities:
Teeth are the most beautiful asset in our bodies. Teeth define our jawline and give a beautiful smile which we love the most in our children. Here are the points, if you notice in your child may lead to tooth decay.
- If you noticed a dull white band on the tooth surface next to the gum line.
- Yellow, brown, or black band on the tooth surface closest to the gum line.
These are the symptoms and indications of your children’s tooth decay and cavities.
How to Protect Your Children from Tooth Decay and Cavities?
Teaching how to use a brush and using correct toothpaste from an early age is a must. Do consult a dentist from a very early age also start using fluoride toothpaste. Teach them to brush twice a day at least for two mins as it is one of the important factors to prevent tooth decay.
We hope this article may solve your problem and help your child with tooth decay. Take an appointment and visit your nearest dentist for a routine checkup.